(energetic music) – Hey there, welcome to Game the Game. I’m your host, Becca Scott, and today we are playing DC Funkoverse. I can’t wait to get into it
and introduce you to my guests. Of course you all know
and love Amy Dallen! – Hello, I’m so excited to be here! Specifically for this game, what? – You are the right person for this game. You are an expert on DC, so glad to have you here. Amy is also a regular Geek and Sundry host and a player on Callisto 6, and of course, one of the rotating GMs on TBD RPG and rotating
between host and player. – Yeah, we have fun.
– We do. But not too much fun. – Patrick Ehlers, welcome to the show! – Thank you for having, this is, there’s all kinds of Batman here. – Oh my gods! Oh what!
– Much Batman. – You are also an expert
in the comic arena. – Yes.
– But you are, by day, a podcast host of Nintendo
Cartridge Society. – That’s correct.
– Among other things. – Mm-hmm.
– Busy man. – Yeah.
– Yeah. – Sometimes.
– Yeah. – Sometimes busy.
– Sometimes. And a casual cosplaying
as Comish Gordon today. – Low key, low key kind of always. I’m kind of always low key Jim Gordon. – Solid–
– Good team, good team, good team, just saying,
you’re crushing it. Already.
– Mm-hmm, yes. – And of course, Trisha Hershberger. – Hi, thank you for having me, Becca. I am very excited that we are
playing the villains today. – Indeed we are!
– Yes. – Trisha Hershbergr is one
of the hosts of Game Engine and does a billion other things on other places all over the internet. You know.
– Yeah. – Like you do.
– Yeah. – That’s right, Batgirl Trish. (laughing) All right, friends, you are correct. You will be playing the good guys. We will be playing the bad peoples, which includes Robin on your side, and Catwoman on our side. – Heck to the yes. – We got this! (imitates whip snapping)
– That’s my Robin purse. – Now if you at home would like to know how to play this game, don’t worry. We already made a how to play video for all of the Funkoverse games. There’s a link to that
in the description below. But we are going to jump straight into this specific scenario, control. – Ooh.
– So for this scenario, there are three control
areas on this board. This corner, upper
lefthand corner, center. All we need to do is go to those places and take that control. At the end of each round, whoever has the most control tokens, one placed in each area,
or just the majority, will get one point. You can also earn points
by knocking out a rival, and you can earn points
by going to A, B, C, or D to that point marker
and interacting with it while you’re adjacent to it, and getting a point that way. First team to 10 points wins. That’s the whole scenario. – Okay.
– Perfect. – Scenario scenario. Tomato, Oreo, tomat-cereal? – Silly tommy tomatrio. – I just wanna say that this is literally a battle of control, and we have Batman. – Batman controls everything.
– Control, not your strong suit over there. Just saying.
– Hey. – Great characters, legendary characters. Not noted for their control. – Noted for chaos.
– Haha, but the Joker has his mystery boxes. (laughing) – And Harley can do a whirly wind. – Oh, jeez, I don’t know, I
might just feign distress. – And, you know, Catwoman
might just slaughter everyone with her sexiness, ’cause Catwoman. – It’s plausible, it’s plausible. – We just have a tightly coordinated team. A strike force, a Bat Family three that is going to control,
lockdown this map. – Control doesn’t always
equal lawful, right? (group laughing)
– Not necessarily. – I believe in us. – Yeah, I believe chaos
will be successful. All right, I need someone to
put this fist player token and we’ll decide which
team gets to activate one of their three characters first. – I shall flip this. The non-coin coin. – All right, looks like
us baddies gonna go first. – That’s fine. – Before we move any of our characters, we should decide where they start, right? – We should both, yes. And you guys can simultaneously or, I’ll give you a second to talk it out, where you wanna start your characters. Based on our abilities, I think Harley’s best at fighting. – Okay.
– So I have her in position to get towards the center. – Love it.
– Because we’ve just got these four little doorways here. The Joker loves to place
those mystery boxes, though. Maybe they should–
– Maybe Joker should swap with Catwoman.
– Yeah, okay. – Yeah, I think that’s good. – What’s Catwoman good at? – Catwoman has a cartwheel maneuver, that she can move pretty
fast if we need that. Otherwise she does have a ranged attack. If we get into problems, she’s got second chances if
we lose a basic challenge. So we can also take an
item card from a target if we do a basic challenge.
– Oh. – No.
– And make sure it sits on their cooldown track,
so that might be nice, too. So Catwoman’s a good fighter, as well. So maybe we should have Catwoman head to the control in the opposite corner and then come on up for some battle times. – Love it, okay, plan activated. Who should, let’s do Catwoman first ’cause you have a plan for her. – Okay, we can do Catwoman first. So let’s go ahead and use this
little blue cartwheel ability and I’ll place that here on two, since that’s an ability, too. – Okay.
– To move four and we’ll have her move
four towards that control. – Idea.
– Yes? – What if we go for D first, get the point, and then we’re kind of blocking the way to get that. – I like the way you’re thinking. Go for it.
– Okay. I’m gonna go, diagonally counts
as adjacently in this game so long as there’s not
the corner of a wall blocking your a path, so I’m gonna go one, two, three, four. – Perfect, and we still
have another basic move. If we wanna move the final
two for our basic move and stand right there next
to D and block that doorway. – If we’re standing on it, there’s nothing they can do. – Well they can come in from
the other side, but yes. – Oh, shoot. – Yeah, ’cause we can’t
get on it, I don’t. Oh, we can, because you
can move diagonally. Yeah, let’s just go there
and stand right on it. She’s just gonna, meow, perch. Just pointing that out.
– Right on that point. – I got this. I get this point, I could any time I want. – Mm-hmm, yeah. – Ooh, okay, well maybe strategically we just stay one away
because then we’re one closer to moving to the control
area in the next turn. – Perfect, I like that, too. All right, so Catwoman is now exhausted. – All right, which means
now we have to place our– – Where do we start? – Yeah, let’s place them strategically. – We’ve got Batman, we’ve got
Batgirl, and we’ve got Robin. First thing I think we need to do is that Robin has something that he does right at the beginning of the game, right? – That’s right, Robin has to establish who is Robin’s partner. Now I feel like this is,
it’s an easy answer, right? Robin’s partner.
– Batgirl. – Nah, I don’t know. I think it’s Batman. – Yeah I’m being silly. – Do you get to choose at
the beginning of the game? – Yeah.
– Oh, that’s cool. – And it doesn’t say that Robin
cannot be his own partner. (chuckling) But we’re gonna make Batman his partner. – I want the eventual version where we’ve got all of the Robins, and just the Robins are
all partnering together. – Yes!
– Hilarious. – Who do you think this is, by the way? – I was gonna say it’s Jason
Todd, but it might be Tim. What do you think? – I mean, Damien’s my favorite. – Okay.
– So in my mind, he’s a better–
– We can declare him Damien. – Let’s declare him Damien. – For non-experts, tell us the difference. Tell us all about all the
different Robins there have been. – Oh jeez, all of them?
– Different people have been Robin at different times. What makes Damien special, he’s one of the newest ones, is that he is actually Batman’s son. – Batman and Talia al Ghul’s.
– Dun dun Dun! – Yeah.
– And? – Rand?
– Talia. – Boyfriend–
– No, and boyfriend? No.
– No! (overlapping voices) – It’s a team up partner.
– Yeah. – Think 1940.
– Got it. – Got it.
– Yeah. – They didn’t use that word that way. – Okay.
– That’s right. – Great.
– Probably some people did, but not in this case. – Okay, so that’s out of the way and now we need to figure out where– – Oh yeah, where are we starting? – We’re gonna put everyone. – Okay.
– So I think we may want to take advantage of some
of Batgirl’s extra mobility to interrupt what’s happening here. – Yeah, yeah. Let’s set that up. Go straight for this door here? – Yeah.
– And this is the limit of where we can start, Sir.
– Mm-hmm. – And Batman maybe should
head for the control areas? – I like that, with Robin
not too far behind him. – Got it, all right.
– Perfect. So Batgirl also has an ability where if she is standing at
the beginning of a turn, she may move one space. This does not count as
her move or anything. – One step ahead.
– Very cool. – Yoink.
– Yoink. – Should we start with Batgirl? – I think yes. – Because, ha ha, we
could use a move action, and then we could just oh, look Catwoman, how nice standing next to
your victory point there, but I still have an action to spend, maybe claiming this first–
– Yep. – Victory point, meow. – Yeah, get it. – And where does this go? This goes on the four? – It goes on the four.
– It goes on the four of your cooldown track, meaning it will take four
rounds before that point marker respawns on the board. Here is a point.
(bell dinging) – Yeah!
– Yeah! – Congratulations.
– Feel it. It’s a beautiful, shiny–
– Good game. – It feels great.
– I’m more afraid of your civility than anything. It’s haunting.
(group laughing) – And that exhausts.
– Oh yeah, she’s tired now. – Yeah.
– Okay, who is it gonna be next, Becca? Do we wanna move Joker in for the plan or move Harley in for
a potential conflict? – Well, the Joker can
lay his mystery boxes. – I like it, I like where your head’s at. (Becca cackles) – So tell me what the mystery boxes do? – Oh, these little mystery
boxes that I got here? Well, I could spend one
of our gray cog tokens for a cost of two to place
one within a range of two after moving two.
– Pretty cool. – It’s pretty sweet. – I think you should
most definitely do that. – Okay.
– So that is really safe and great for the city. – He’s just running all over this board. – Does Joker have any
movement abilities or no? Just standard movement? – No.
– Okay. – Just some challenge
abilities and then this, it includes move to and place mystery box, so I think that’s a good
way for me to claim B all in one turn if I go one, I forgot how numbers work.
– Okay. Well here’s what I’m thinking. – Oh, two comes next.
– Yeah. – Tell me if you can claim it in one turn. ‘Cause I didn’t think we could. What I thought our best,
and you may find something that I don’t see, but I
thought our best turn might be. – No, I counted wrong.
– One, two– – What’s that wall in the way? – Three, four.
– Ooh. – And then we could put, but
you wanna place here, huh? So one, two, three, four. – Oh, ’cause you know
we’re going into that room. – Place this bomb and
then come for this next. I don’t think we can take that point at B and place that mystery
box all at the same time. I think it’s one or the other.
– Yeah, I think so. I think mystery boxes
are the way to go, right? Yeah, they’re really fun.
– I like it. – Okay, one, two, three, four
and place in line of sight of two within two squares.
– Mm-hmm, yeah I like it. Can see, yes.
– A little defensive strategy. – Woo!
– Coming out of the– – Yes.
– Say your prayers. – I don’t know which Joker this voice is. This is my personal Joker interpretation. – It’s a good Joker voice.
– It’s a villain voice, okay. And I should have done this first, we’re gonna place this gray token on the two of the cool down track to represent that we have
used a mystery box action. All right.
– And Joker’s exhausted. – He’s so sleepy.
– Sleepy Joker, sleepy Joker. – Ah, time for a little nap! – Okay, I think we gotta move Batman. Deploy the bat.
– Deploy the bat! – So let’s move him closer to this control so that we can take the control point sooner rather than later.
– Mm-hmm. – So maybe it’s just a
double move for Batman? What do you think?
– It might be. I think he’s just gotta make a bee-line. – All right.
– Like a whole Saturday, you ask a friend to borrow their truck. Robin?
– Two, (chuckling)
three, four? – That seems good.
– All right. We’re nearly there. – Uh-huh. – I don’t think there was a scenario where we could have gotten, hold on, but we’re gonna stare down the
Joker dramatically as we go. And Batman’s–
– This is epic over here. – It is pretty epic. – I can see what you put on the ground, and I don’t know what it is yet, but I don’t trust it.
(chuckling) – I feel like that–
– That’s a good Batman voice. – The figures on the board
make us so much more dramatic rather than if they were
just tokens, you know? It’s pretty cool.
– It’s true. – It changes everything. – Not that I don’t love my meeples, but they are not this expressive. – Yeah.
– Love the Funko of it all. (laughing) Okay, does that make it Harley’s turn? – Yeah, so Batman’s exhausted, so then it would be Harley’s turn. Now a lot of Harley’s abilities have to do with rivals being adjacent or within line of sight, and
we don’t have any of that yet. – Yeah, so.
– Well Batgirl is out in the open if only we could get in line of sight of her, which is a turn away.
– Two, three, four. No, even if we use both to move, it just puts us on this corner. – One, two, three, four. Yeah, we’re still one away from being able to take a control area. So that’s a bum-zo. (group chuckling)
– Okay. Maybe that’s what Harley would say. Maybe you’re just being in character. – Oh man, I wish we had started her here and then we could just take the. Maybe she goes to–
– That wall would be in the way because that
wall is irritating. – She could go for that control, but I feel like–
– I think this one. – But I feel, yeah,
yeah, okay so I’m torn. I feel like maybe that’s a
waste of her combat abilities, but also maybe we should
just go for points and– – And Catwoman’s coming
towards the middle, any way. – Okay great, let’s do it. – Okay, one, two, three, four. – Perfect!
– Mmm. – Okay.
– Very good. – Exhaustion.
♪ Exhaustion ♪ ♪ And Over ♪ Oh no, you
guys get one more, right? ♪ – Robin! Okay, what’s Robin gonna do? – Okay.
– Robin is not yet exhausted. – So here is something
that I’m exploring on, ’cause Robin has abilities, but a lot of them are set up moves, right? – Yeah.
– He attacks someone and then his partner can either get an extra attack or an extra move. – Mm-hmm.
– But he also has this provide backup move. If Robin sees a partner
and is within four spaces, he can move to a space
adjacent to the partner. So I think we can use this move and get Robin one, two, three, four in a space adjacent to Batman, which is in the control area. – Yes, yes, yes!
– Does he need to see, it said that he needs
to see Batman, though? – I think he currently can, right? – I think so. I’m gonna use a little ruler that is the side of my rulebook. – Mm-hmm.
– There is no corner of a wall interacting between them. – Perfect, Robin you’re a genius! – I’m gonna provide backup! Spending my little two token there. So we’re gonna move Robin
to an adjacent space, which is going to be this
diagonal from Batman. – Ridiculous.
– Oh man. – And so that’s just–
– So well played. – That’s just the one move, so now we can use our action
to claim the control area. – You totally can. – You just leap frogged
all over this board. That is insane. – Yeah, he did.
– Get out of town. – Robin!
– Robin! – Now you can place it anywhere you like. – We’re gonna go all the way in the back corner there, right? – Okay, okay, yes.
– Anywhere you like within the control area. At the end of the round, which is now, (laughing)
Okay, so Robin is sleepy. – Exhausted. – We first take a look at who has the most control
areas under their control. – The good guys. – Good guys get one point. (bell dings) Then slide all tokens down on each cooldown tracker.
– Mm-hmm. – Then remove all exhaustion tokens. – Nobody’s tired!
– There. – Everyone’s feeling good. Then we switch the first player token so that the good guys go first. – Okay.
– They’re totally gonna ger D. (sighs)
– Good guys gonna get D. – Good guys never get the D. (all sniggering) – Okay.
– Moving on. (laughing) – Yeah.
– Yeah. – Yeah, your turn. – Okay.
– Okay. (all laughing) – So I wanna eventually use
Batgirl’s gather intel move, but I think that now that
this has been put in my head I think that maybe Batgirl
should just go get this point. – No, you should go do
whatever you were gonna do. – Yeah.
– I feel you hold my best interest at heart.
– Maybe go get Joker? – I mean he’s standing right
there and I do want to hit him. – And I wanna use that
flying tackle at some point. – Yeah, I do, too. But–
– Oh, Batgirl! – A point is a point. – A point is a point.
– Right? – Batgirl look at me. – Let’s get the D. – Let’s do it, yeah. – Oh well first of all,
she gets to move a space. Just a–
– Oh yes, oh yeah! – Of her own volition.
– Oh wait, hold on, hold on. Let me think about that.
– Does that change anything? – It does! It does, it does, it does because here’s what I wanna do. – Yes?
– I wanna start with my free one step ahead, I’m seeing you, Joker, and I am quick to get out of your way. We’ve got history, it’s not good. – Mm-hmm.
– And then what I’d like to do is use my gather intel as a two cog move, which lets me move one then give up to two allies
an intel status card. – Ooh.
– Now these are cards that can be redeemed. They decrease ability costs by one, and then you discard this status when this character becomes exhausted. So on our next turn, Batman and Robin are each gonna use some of that intel I’ve gathered– – Mm-hmm.
– To make something easier, but that was my first action. – Yes.
– And my second action I think should be to take that. – I think it has to be.
– Oh yeah. – Right out from under Catwoman’s fingers. That will in no way backfire. – In no way. That’s a point.
(bell dings) – Well done, three points. Okay, while it’s–
– Now we’re very tired. – Yes, very tired.
– Oh, so tired. – It is our turn to activate. So Harley is in a position
to take control of this area. I feel like the Joker this turn should lay down more mystery boxes, ’cause that’s real fun and they have all these combo abilities and I wanna use my cool combo ability. – And Catwoman is in a
position to take down Batgirl. – Woo, not good.
– Yeah. Does Batgirl have any
item cards at the moment? – She does not.
– No, ’cause you gave them away. – These are just status cards.
– There’s only– – I think our only item is the batarang. – That’s right.
– Okay, great. – Ooh, what’s out whip do? – Yeah, so that’s, we could attack Batgirl from right here because our
whip gives us range, too. – Oh.
– So we could just do that and then still do another
action if we wanted to. However, Batgirl is now exhausted, so this situation is going to stay as is. Meaning we may not need
to use Catwoman right now. We might wanna save that.
– Sure. – Since no one else is in that vicinity. So yeah, maybe we want to
have Harley take control of that last control point, maybe I kind of like
your idea of having Joker maybe lay some more mystery boxes. (Becca imitates laugher) And/or take B as a point. – Awesome, yes. Ooh, I like all those things. That’s right, we didn’t send
anyone over in that direction to help claim those points. The other thing to note is that knocking out a rival, knock them down and then knock them out, is a point. – Right.
– Ooh. – See we thought, we were like, we’re gonna
duck away from Joker. It’s good, we’re safe, oh my goodness. Catwoman, hi. (all laughing) – Yeah, she just better
steal those points back. – Yeah.
– It’s what she does. – But they also have some
many points on the board and I’m jealous. So maybe we take B and leave A for bait. – I like it.
– It’s by the mystery box. (all laughing) – They don’t die, they’re
knocked down and then out. – Yeah, could be something fun. – Is it, though?
– What if it is something fun? – It depends on your idea of fun. – Good point. – I think we should move Joker one, two. Because that’s included
in the mystery box action. We’ll leave a mystery
box here just for funsies and then claim B as the second action. – When do you foresee
them walking across this? – Never. (all laughing)
– Okay, so. So it’s a bad idea. – Maybe we save the mystery box. – I shall place a gear token on two to use mystery box, one, two, and then the second part of that is place a second mystery box
within line of sight of two, and then the next action
will be to claim B. And that’s a point. – That’s our first victory
point for the game. – All right, yeah. Go team evil!
– All right, all right. I see, this is, we’re in a
little bit of a stuff spot here. – Uh-huh, uh-huh.
– Because we have these intel abilities that will let us use our special moves more efficiently, but I don’t really know
how to take advantage of that right now because they’re not in– – I picked a perfect moment
and I think you’ll find– – It’s still good.
(laughing) – We’re happy to have them here. – Mm-hmm, but this is a good opportunity to move Batman onto one
of the surprise boxes, mystery box, because if it takes him out we can revive him with
his relentless move. – Oh yes we can.
– For zero cost. Because it normally costs one. – So Batman is relentless,
which means Batman can do this while knocked down and stand up using one action
instead of a full turn. Now that normally costs,
it’s a one point red move, but right now, if he were to spend it and take advantage of intel, ’cause he’s gonna lose
it this turn either way. – Right.
– So we know that mystery box is there, and we know the Joker does not have our best interests at heart, – Right.
– Do you wanna risk it? – It honestly doesn’t
even seem like a risk. Because Batman is relentless. Let’s do it. Batman moves onto the mystery box. – Oh no, that’s a challenge
four that explodes in your face. – And we get two defense on it. – Ew.
– That was the worst I could have done, that’s
the worst I could have done. – And we wiffed it!
– I wiffed too hard. – I don’t even wanna roll defense. – Batman don’t start taunting! The Joker’s right there, that’ll backfire. – But Batman you know what you can do. You can collect that A point. (giggles)
So first of all, let’s get rid of this
mystery box token, right? – It’s such a Joker move
that the first one is a dud and the next one is going
to freaking destroy us. – The first one was–
– Yeah! Yeah.
– It was literally like the gun with thing–
– Yep, bang! That comes down.
– Mm-hmm. – She’s messing with us! – We’ll get through it.
– Okay. – I think we got it. And we’re gonna get that point right now. – That point?
– Right now. – That point. – So you’re getting another point. – Aw, man.
– Oh boy. Okay, take that, put it on your forehead, and take your point.
(bell dings) – Yeah.
– Four points! – Four points.
– Wow. – Out of control. – And that, I think, exhausts Batman. – I think he’s real tired now, yeah. – He’s exhausted.
– Relentless and exhausted. – Intel goes back to Batgirl. – Yeah, it does.
– Okay. – Okay.
– ‘Kay. – Wow, okay, so play comes back to us. It’s either Catwoman or
Harley at this point. Revenge wise, we could
start working on Catwoman. (laughing)
Or Harley could go get a control area, but that control area does nothing for us unless we also get the middle control area, or Joker is able to take this square. – Let’s say, screw Batgirl, let’s take two control areas this turn. – What?
– Hmm, interesting. Okay.
– You like it? – Yeah, I like where your head’s at. Well, we can’t take two this turn. – We should have kept
our eyes on the villains. We went after the prizes.
– We can’t take two this round – But look at this. – Catwoman first?
– Or we can. – Sure, yeah, let’s. – Oh, shoot, we can’t do it. – Let’s have Harley go first. – It’s too far. Because there’s a doorway there, we’d have to go one, two, and
take an additional move action unless we have something that allows, we already used her cartwheel.
– We used the blue. So we would have, even the odds, which is take an item
card from the target, which could be useful if
maybe Batman gets in there and then we need to get in there and steal something from Batman after. But yeah, let’s move Harley and actually take a
control area this turn. – Yeah, we need something to
show for all our hard work. – One, two, basic move, and then interact to get that control area. – All right, control token. – Villains have the corner.
– Yes. – One corner to one corner. – Okay, and Harley is exhausted. – Sorry, that was a hard day at work. Oh, and okay, right? – Back to you guys. – All right, so now we
are left with Robin. – Yes, in a room in the corner, and there’s a bomb right outside the door. – Outside of that door?
– Yeah. – So one option is we could
again have him do this, provide backup to move him onto this space of the mystery box, we
could chance it again, and throw another Robin
at an exploding box. – Hey does adjacency
with walls in the way, how does that work? – If there is a wall, you’ll notice that the art cleverly explains this
by going just over the corner of the intersection.
– Got it. – So you cannot go adjacently
diagonal through a wall. – So right now Batman is adjacent to the three spaces behind
him, the two on either side, and the one in front of him. Those are his adjacent spaces. – Oh the two.
– Not this one. – Oh there’s a wall there, ha ha. It was behind his head. – But I don’t know what
that really does for us, otherwise we can just move
Robin out into the middle so that he is in a position next turn to possibly take the control
point away from Catwoman. – But you know it’s more
interesting and exciting if you just land on a mystery box. – And Robin is all about
interest and excitement. (chuckling) I mean Robin is historically
there to draw fire, draw attention, to take one for the team. – Stay on story.
– Are we gonna get lucky twice with bombs, because if we
do then he can use things. Let’s try it.
– All right. Let’s do it, let’s try it. We are going to provide backup, which is only going to cost us one. – For story reasons I am gonna rule that they have no
noticed this mystery box. – Fine.
– Okay. – Damien, come to my side! – You got it, Batman. – Now don’t forget to spend
your intel when you did the. – Yes, well no. – It’ll go when you’re exhausted. – Yeah.
– Okay, so Damien has stepped on a mystery box.
– Ha! – Okay, it’s a challenge four. – Challenge four, okay Joker, come on. – Two hits.
– Okay, we can do two defense. – No you can’t, ha ha!
– Oh, only one defense. – Robin is knocked down! The mystery box is removed from the board. – See that effectively
ends Robin’s turn, right? – Because you can’t take an action, well unless you’re Batman
and you’re relentless, you can’t take an action
while you’re knocked over. – Right.
– That’s right. – ‘Cause it takes two, right? – It takes an entire
turn to stand back up. – (sighs) All right, very good. – We got the bomb, so
that’s the good news. – We did, there are no more bobs. I can feel good about that. – All right, so that leaves it to Catwoman to clean up the rest of this round. – So because Catwoman
doesn’t have enough movement as it stands now to get in
and take that inner control, which would be amazing,
’cause that would help seal the deal for the round. So there is nothing we could do. We could get up close to it, we just can’t interact with it
– Yes. We can whip and then run towards it. – We can, the whip does not
give us extra movement, though. – True. – So, let’s go ahead and
I think we should whip. – Whip!
– This character can do the following as a basic challenge. – Ooh.
– Range two, challenge two. If you win, you may move
the target one square. – The target. – So the target should be Batgirl. – Hmm.
– And we’re gonna whip, challenge two, and we can
do that from two away. – I love it.
– We have two defense die. – Here we go. – Oh, three successive!
– Three. – Four successes!
– Batgirl holds her own. – Oh my gosh!
– So, let’s whip again. – We can’t ’cause we have to, we used the item, or does the item say? – If it doesn’t say,
then we don’t lose it. – Great, so we could whip again. – I say whip again, what do you think? – Whip it good. Yeah, we’re totally gonna whip again because moving doesn’t really
do us much good right now and taking out Batgirl so
that she needs to expend an entire turn to stand
back up is really ideal. – Yeah.
– So we’re whipping again. – Two hits!
– Yeah, two hits! – Come on, let’s do four defense again. (die clattering) – Only one.
– Just one defense. (groaning)
– All right, nighty-night Batgirl.
– Oh no! – Oh boy.
– That’s great. – All right, to be fair you
guys are three points ahead. – Yes.
– Fact. – Go me.
– So it’s great to even the field up, two of your characters
have been knocked down so that you will have less turns. – This doesn’t feel even. But Batman has been here before. – I am okay with it. (chuckles)
– Yes, agreed. – Okay, all characters are now exhausted, so let’s move on to the next round, which means we’ll take
the first player token. Let’s slide everything down
one on the cooldown tracks. – Get our moves back. – And remove all exhaustion
tokens from characters. – Oh I don’t like that
they get to go first. – I know, it’s no good. – I do like it. Okay, so let’s see none
of the point tokens have been returned, but Catwoman, (gasps). Do it.
– Yeah, right? We can whip twice now to
completely knock out Batgirl. – That’s gonna be a point. – We could do it.
– Which would be a point if we do it.
– Okay, cool. But does our cat burglar effect help us? What does that do? – That’s when she comes
back from being knocked out. – Got it, she can be placed
anywhere instead of the lair. – Totally. (voices overlapping) – Now let’s just think
of our other options before we act in haste. Can the joker do anything to
knock out Robin at this point? – Sure can, with a mallet. When the Joker does a basic
challenge with the mallet, one shield will count as a blast. – One shield will count as a blast. – So then they stand,
whichever one we don’t will attack first.
– So who are we more afraid of doing
something, Robin or Batgirl? – Well Robin is closer to the center, but Batgirl can move
one additional movement, so that’d be one, two, three, four. Batgirl could get in, nope. – Only when she’s standing.
– Neither of them, neither of them can do
anything but stand this turn. – Right, so who are we
more afraid of standing? – I mean that’s not 100% true. – I’m gonna say that maybe
we should do Joker’s ability because Catwoman’s bonus other ability is to be able to move
their target if they like, and to be able to attack with range. But Joker, it’s not ranged, though. – Yeah but mallet? Mallet is range two, aren’t they? – No it’s just a range,
it must be adjacent. – Oh!
– So but to move and attack once versus whip twice. – So it’s a non issue.
– I like whip. – Yeah, we’re whipping. All right, here we go. (sighs)
One success. – Come on, Becca.
– Come on, Babs. – Four successes! – Suck it again!
– Once again, once again. – All right, come on.
– Come on, come on. – Two more successes!
– Six. (Patrick groans) – Dodge, dodge, dodge. – Two defense.
– Okay. – Tie goes.
– That could have gone a number of ways–
– But how is Batgirl so good? Batgirl’s prone and is
still like (gasps) hi-yah! – She been in this position before. – Mm-hmm.
– Oh my. – She’s resourceful.
– She can stand back up. – Okay.
– Okay. – Catwoman is exhausted. – Catwoman is now exhausted.
– Turn two. – That could have easily
gone a different way. – That could have ended us.
– Which were to gonna thank our lucky stars on that one. (Patrick huffs) – All right.
– So– – I don’t there’s any scenario where she does anything but
stand up on this turn, right? – I think that’s right. And she’s out of range of like, Harley can’t take a swing at her, right? I think what we need to do is we need to get Robin back on his feet. – Yes.
– And whether that’s with Robin’s turn or Batman
using one of his actions as an assist.
– Actually, you’re right. While he’s very vulnerable there, we should get him back on his feet. – Okay, so which of
those courses of actions, do you want Batman to do it? You’re using half of his turn. Or Robin to do it, but
using all of his turn? – Man it’s a waste of the other half of Batman’s turn, isn’t it? – Yeah, but it would make, you know if we get, here’s
what I’m gonna suggest. – Okay.
– I’m gonna suggest that we have Batman assist Robin. – Mm-hmm.
– And then we will move Batman over to Joker, so that
when Robin does get to move and he can do a coordinated strike, he can attack Joker and
make Batman also attack. – That’s a plan, all
right, restart that hand. – Or also move or whatever we need to do. – Mm-hmm, mm-hmm. – So okay, Bat Man’s turn, he’s going to assist. – Robin stands back up, I’m so sorry I sent you on that mystery box. – That’s okay, Batman. I still love you.
– Aw. It’s tender ’cause it’s Damien. – Right.
– It’s not very affectionate. – And then let’s move
Batman over to Jokertown. – Can we move through ourselves? – You can move through a friendly mini. – Oh I was just going to say
like through the hallway here. – This way.
– Okay, rather than have him stand right in front of? – Well because Damien
does, Damien, Robin needs (all laughing)
to attack a character in order to give his
partner these move bonuses. – Great, got it. – So I want him to still
have a straight shot, or at least something close to it. – Let’s go for it. If we could see Joker
right now, by the way, we would have a direct attack, but walls. – And it’d be a good one. (laughing) (imitates powershot resounding) – Okay.
– All right. – Stand ready for it.
– And that will exhaust. – Take your exhaustion.
– Our friend, – Batman is tired.
– The Batman. – Okay well that was just
silly of them because look! They, we have to move to attack Robin and then we’re no longer
adjacent to Batman and we can make that a mystery box attack or a mystery box move in order
to place one next to Batman. – (laughing) We could
make it a mystery box move to place it next to Batman. I like where your villainous
brain is at, Becca. (Becca imitates mad laughter)
– So much venom. – Well done.
– Thank you, thank you, okay. – So we’re doing it?
– Yep. I like it.
– We’re doing it, okay. So I’m gonna place the token.
– That’s it. – And move two, mystery box.
– Heh heh heh, – And now I would like
to joy buzzer Robin. – I think you should. – Okay.
– Joy buzzer, do tell? – A joy buzzer is, it takes a red token on that
one of the cooldown track, it’s a challenge three. The target must be standing, you can’t joy buzzer someone if they don’t put their hand out. – So in fact, thank you
Batman for assisting Robin so that we could joy buzzer. – We try to be giving and sharing Batmans. We’re trying something new.
– Yeah. Yeah, he cares, Batman cares. – Here, have my son as target practice. – And frankly I’d rather have
a hand buzzer than a mallet. – Fair enough, yeah, yeah.
– It’s true. – I mean.
– You were about to get a mallet to the face when
you’re already knocked down. – Yep.
– All right, roll your defense for Robin. (dice clattering) – Two hits.
– I got nothing. – Oof.
– Okay. – Well well well.
– Robin is back down. – No.
– Robin is down. – Unfortunately, I
cannot do anything else, but I feel real good about the fact that that mystery box is down.
– That was great. – All right.
– Good job, Joker. (Becca imitates manic laughter) – I’ve been plotting.
– All right. – No one can get at the center. – So who is gonna stand up now? ‘Cause that’s literally
all we can do (chuckles) for the rest of this turn.
– Yep. – Is stand our characters back up. – You still have Harley to move? – She doesn’t have some secret teleport-all-over-the-map
ability, does she? – Nuh-uh.
– She doesn’t have movement helpful abilities. – No, she has things for adjacent rivals and rivals within sight.
– Okay, neither of which Batgirl currently is, but maybe we stand Batgirl up
just to be on the safe side. – Yeah, and Robin’s way outside. – Mm-hmm.
– Of her range of threat. Yeah, let’s stand Batgirl back up. – Having dodged unlikely three
of the four whip strikes. Batgirl gets wobbily to her feet. – Up!
(laughing) – And stares you down again. – She’s exhausted. – Are they just gonna do this forever? Back and forth forever.
– Very tired. – I mean maybe.
(laughing) Okay, well, well, well Harley Quinn has already claimed this control area. – Right.
– And so should either go towards Batgirl or towards
the center, or both? – Yeah I mean the only
thing we can really do with Harley this turn
is get her in position. – Maybe this spot to give
Catwoman some backup. – You know what? I like that because that’s
adjacent to both goals. – Cool.
– Hmm. – A one, a two, three.
(all laughing) – I like her playing Harley.
– A four. – A one.
– I always do it like I can’t say the Rs when I
try and do the Harley accent. – Thwee.
(group giggling) – Hey you know what? That’s a new take on Harley and I like it. – Also choose to believe that you did some kind of handstand over Catwoman to get out that door.
– Oh yeah. – Don’t mind me..
– Yeah. Okay, well, well, well, you have one more activation this round, don’t ya? – Robin stands. And is exhausted.
– Yep, all right that makes it the end of the round. Let’s slide all of the tokens down. – Yep.
– Oh my gosh, I want those points!` Ooh, and then we would score
for the controlled tokens, but we each had one, which
means no one’s in the lead on control tokens, which
means no one gets the point. – No points. – Quite the–
– Okay. – That going on. – Everyone’s no longer exhausted. – No body’s sleepy. And here is your first player token. – All right. – Now we’re presented with opportunity. – Mm-hmm.
(chuckling) Damien can get the center, but they have a lot of
chances to reverse that. – Yes, Damien also has an opportunity here to start moving Batman
around the board a little bit with his set up attack.
Okay, yep. – Where he can do a regular challenge two and move his partner two spaces. – Mm-hmm.
– So I think that’s what we, I think we should start with Robin moving Batman towards the center. – Now, do we want to get
Batgirl’s gather intel involved on this one? – Possibly.
– So for instance, if we move here and we, I guess we only need
to be anywhere near it, but if we move here and gather intel, then unless they successfully knock us out before next turn, we’re
in position to grab this. Now they might, ’cause there’s
two villains right there with nothing to do but beat us up. – Oh, this is tough. So she gets the one move automatically, not part of an action, right? – Oh yeah!
– So we can move her out here and then we can start really
spending ability points to A, gather intel and B, flying tackle. – That is true.
– So we can try to take out Harley and gather intel. – That is very true. – Oh boy, I would sure love that. Yee-Harley Quinn.
(group laughing) I’m counting to thwee.
(all laughing) – But that also moves
her off of the, right– – It moves her further away from this, but it would land her
pretty close to the center. So we actually have a number of options. We can get into position here, we can get to the other side of Harley, we can just move
generally towards an enemy and not worry about the
flying tackle landing, or we can land on the other side of her, attack her, flip kick
her, or move into there. We have so many options, but
none of them involve, I think, getting all the way to the
center and claiming it, right? – Right, I think maybe
the best thing we can do is get ourselves back into
position to reclaim C. – Okay.
– And gather intel. What do you think? – Curious, so–
– So we are taking the one free movement that she gets, then we are using her move, correct? – Yes, we are. We’re using one step ahead
to duck out of the hallway, then using her movement action
to approach Harley Quinn for the flip-kick.
– Hi-yah! – Which puts it on the one track. It is a challenge two, after
which we get a move action. So challenge two on Harley Quinn, please. – Yikes spikes! – Okay, you wanna roll defense for Harley? – Okay, here we go. – Four.
– One. – Just one.
– Are we counting this one that landed slightly sideways? – Yeah, I’d count it. – I know.
– I mean whether we do or not, this one is free.
– Yeah, it doesn’t matter. – That’s a fair point.
– So. – Yeah, you guys totally got us. So Harley is knocked down. – Harley knocked down. – Here’s a question– – Catwoman can assist.
– We can assist. – Yeah.
– Yeah. – Should we try to knock out Harley Quinn? – How?
– With another flip-kick. – That was our second action.
– Oh we moved, then we attacked, okay.
– You must move one. – Sorry, no body saw me
contemplating a merciless vengeance. – Was there?
– Tainted by the dark side. – Was there a moment when you
thought she was on your side? – Yeah, no when you do bad stuff, Harley loves it.
– I’m totally a fan. – Or is it just adjacency? – Adjacent.
– Possibly just adjacent, yeah – Okay. – Definitely just adjacent. – I apologize, you’re correct. (all giggling) – So, do we wanna use the move to go back in that direction or do we wanna maybe just be like here so this way we’re close to this, but we can also head for
the center if we want? – That’s great.
– Okay. – And that ends Batgirl’s turn. – She’s real tired.
– Exhausted. – Okay, but she did
flip-kick Harley Quinn, so it’s a good day’s work. – Well, well, well, options. – Okay, so I mean if we want Harley to have a chance at going this turn, we should have Catwoman
assist and stand up, however it might be more
pressing at this moment to deal with Joker, since
he’s facing two heroes. – I think we should hit Robin
in the face with a mallet. – Oh, I like that!
(laughing) – So it’s a challenge two, but the shields count as successes? – Yeah.
– One shield will count as a success, yes.
– Okay, great. – I could also use my second action to blow up that mystery box next to Batman for a Challenge three
instead of challenge four. – Ooh. – Interesting. – Well we’ll do one thing at a time, ooh. You know what?
– We could do both. – Instead of a mallet,
let’s do a joy buzzer. – For a challenge three?
– We can do it challenge three yep, ready?
– Oh. – We like? – The mallet is basically, it gives you another hit that is success, buy only on two dice, whereas joy buzzer give you three dice. – Great, do it.
– Okay. Paying one token doe joy buzzer situation. – Standing close to the
Joker, not a great idea. – That’s not a great plan. – Now that I think it through. (Becca laughing) (squealing)
– Successes. – Oh my–
– Would you like to– – Woo!
– My bang joy buzzer. This is just a joy buzzer.
– I am going to roll defense. One defense.
– Okay. – Oh jeez, I wish that knocked you out, but it just knocks you down.
– Oh boy. – Sorry, Robin. – So we have a chance to score a point by smashing him in the face with a mallet. – Yes.
– Oh no. – Nicely knocking him out, not hurting him, though. Just knock out, or we could blow up the mystery box next to
Batman for three challenge? But it’s a bang sends a token all the way to the three on the cool down. – Oh man go for that. Go for that.
– Yeah? – Yeah! – Okay!
– Let’s get that point. – Okay, but you gotta roll. – Oh no! Okay, mallet challenge three, here we go. Or no, it’s just two.
– It’s a challenge two. – Just two, but the one–
– Now hold on, one other thing remove one or more mystery
boxes from the map, do a challenge three to rivals adjacent to mystery boxes you remove. We could save that and place
another mystery box this turn? – I think we should try to take Robin out while we have the chance. – So do the mallet?
– Yeah. – Okay great, because otherwise. – That’s just plotting for the future and Robin’ll stand right back up. – I get it, okay. I put the token down there thinking we were blowing
up our mystery boxes. – Oh no, I think we take out Robin. – Yeah, we’re going for Robin. – Oh boy.
– All right. – Knock down is not good enough. – Yeah.
– Knocked out. – Come on, Robin.
– Crochet anyone? Ooh.
– So that becomes a success. That is four successes.
– Four please. – With the mallet.
– We can defend against that. No problem, two. – Which is the best–
– Robin! – That was a very good roll, but Robin now goes onto cool down three? – No, cool down one.
– He is knocked out and that is a point.
– Okay. – For us baddies.
(bell dings) Hee hee hee.
– Yeah. – Now that was two actions, so the Joker is exhausted. – As he should be after that. – A hard day’s work. – Oh boy.
– Okay. – So now–
(all laughing) – So now it is Batman’s turn. So, Batman should try to seek
some sweet, sweet revenge here if at all possible.
– That’s all he ever does, really.
– We can’t see the Joker, can we?
– We cannot. – Okay.
– Nope, blocked by the line of sight
by this little corner of wall. – And that little box is in the way. – We wouldn’t be able to from the spot two to our left, either? – Correct.
– Okay. And we wouldn’t be able to
get outside in two moves because the wall is there. – Yes.
– Standing in this hallway is a great idea and I endorse my decision to be on board with it. – I agree with that, we
should end it right now. (all laughing) We should end that policy. – You like boxes of mystery?
– We do. – Do you want to mystery box or do you want to just make a break and get Batman out of there so he is better positioned next time? – You could punch me in the face if you’d just stand on my mystery box. – Oh, that’s so tempting. – I mean, we blew up all the rest of ’em. – Here we go, we’re blowing ’em all up! Batman moves onto the mystery box. – Yes!
– That’s a challenge four. – We just watched you take out Robin. We are not thinking with
our full head right now. – No we do not have our
full capacities here. – Oh no.
– Wow, five. – Five, this was a mistake. – Okay, no defense whatsoever. – Good night, Batman. – Would we like to relentless
him back up right now? – Man.
– We’d better. We don’t want Batman
getting taken out, right? – Yes.
– For mostly, they’re not even that tired yet. I know that they get over there, but I don’t feel good about it. – Yeah, yes. Batman is relentless, he gets back up. – But if I had done the
intel, that would be free. Would it still be an action, though? – It would still be an action. – Yeah.
– It just wouldn’t have a cool down?
– Correct. – Great, okay, cool. – But now you removed our mystery box, so there’s that.
– Ha ha ha, yeah! – That’s true.
– True. – We are cleaning all
the mystery boxes out. We think that’s the mission, yep. – Mm-hmm. There will
be no more mystery box. – You can’t leave a
surprise left unopened, I get it. All right, now who would
you like to activate? – So we have to activate Catwoman. – Right.
– To use the assist rather than wasting Harley’s entire turn. – So action one?
– So we’re going to assist. – Hey, thanks. – Yeah, now question.
– Other girl. – Can we whip range two around Harley? – Yes.
– To Batgirl where Batgirl currently is? – With the wall in the way? – If we move one on top of Harley’s head and then that would be a diagonal. – Well, it’s not a move, so the range is two is
the question I’m asking. – Yeah.
– Can the whip like, (imitates whip cracking). – So in the book the example
shows a direct, straight line middle of square to middle
of square being within range. So middle of the square
to middle of square– – Yeah.
– Is to the left of the corner of the wall. – Mm-hmm.
– Okay. – That is some crazy whipping. Like around corners and? – Which has not been
that effective thus far. – Well?
– Eh? – So the other options, besides whipping, would be we could do something where, now you can’t use an ability and an item at the same time, can you? – No.
– Okay, that’s what I thought. – But Harley’s still got a whole turn. – The other option would be to move and do second chances, which
meant even if we failed, we could try again. – So she did already use one action. – Oh to assist.
– To revive her. – You are absolutely right. Okay, then whip it is. – Yeah I think whip and
then Harley’s gonna move in the center and take control. – Or the only other option is that we could have Catwoman do a cartwheel into the center right now, but then she couldn’t
do anything about it. She’d just be standing there. – Yeah, I’d rather take it this turn. – Whip it, whip it, here we go. – Ahh. – Two!
– Two successes. – Okay, come on Batgirl, come on Batgirl. – Come on. – One.
– One success. – Ah, she’s back on her back.
– Batgirl is knocked down. – Gesundheit. All right.
– I was feeling so good. – Catwoman is exhausted.
– Yeah. – Now lemme explain how it works when a character has been knocked out. – Mm-hmm?
– Yes? – You can still take an entire turn or activation from your side
to place an exhausted token on Robin, that’s basically
if you want to stall and have us act before you act. But because Robin is the last character you have to activate, so all you can do is place
the exhaustion token. – Okay.
– But you do have that option if things happen–
– That makes sense. – In a different order in future rounds. Okay, so now Harley Quinn can go. – Oh can I, oh jeez, Mr. J, lemme just move and–
– I wanna move closer to ya. – Oh, love it there. Okay, now we are inside
the central control area and we’re gonna place–
– We’re gonna claim it. – Yeah, we can place anywhere
within this control area that we would like. – I would say directly
where Harley’s standing. – I want her to be as far
away from Batman as possible. So maybe here?
– Okay, great. – Because Batgirl’s right there, but we have two defense over by her. – Okay.
– Yeah? – Oh, Robin’s gonna spawn. So maybe here? – I’m suggesting that maybe we do it on the spot that Harley
is because of this. (gasps) (mumbles) – Okay, that’s not ominous.
– No. – Harley’s tough is why. – ‘Cause Harley is tough. – No body messes with–
– May I ask what that is? – Yes, so Harley has an
ability called whirly wind which is, do a basic challenge
to each adjacent rival. So, should some rivals
get up close and personal, adjacent to try to take that control tile, Harley can get ’em all at the same time. – Yes!
– Whirly wind ’em. – Okay.
– Very nice. – So she’s exhausted, the round has ended.
– Woo! – All right, but this is
the first time we get to do the, or second time,
we’re going to check out how many control markers are on the board. Looks like we’ve got
two of ’em out of three, we will take the point.
(bell dings) – Ooh.
– Catching up. – Okay, move everything
down on the cool down. – Which means Robin–
– Can be placed back in the starting area anywhere you like. – Close enough to help Batgirl? – All right. – And then did you slide everything? (gasps)
C! – Whoa!
– Is back on board. – Oh my goodness, oh! But we get first player. – Sure do.
– Ha ha ha. So unexhaust our characters. – Unexhaust your characters.
– Uh-huh. – All right. – Whirly wind, do a basic
challenge to each adjacent rival. – She’s so dangerous.
– Yeah. – And I mean, okay, so normally wouldn’t she also have the mallet? Not that I want her to
be even more dangerous? Ha ha!
– Technically, you’re right. That is Harley’s mallet, but the variant rules say
that you can assign items to any character you like. – Fair enough, she is already terrifying. – Mr. J took it for himself. – That means that batarang could have gone to anyone, too.
– Sure does. – All right, all right.
– Cool, cool, cool. – All right, so we have
the first player token and oh I see Batgirl,
she’s lying on the ground next to a point!
– I hate this. – Yeah.
– It’s a lot. – Yeah. So we can whip from where we are, or I think maybe, well. Here’s the thing, if we
move and take the point we can’t hit Batgirl. – I would rather–
– So we could either try to take Batgirl out or we
can try to take the point. – I would like the sure thing point instead of the maybe a point. – I like that, too, because if we left the point hanging there and took out Batgirl, then
Robin could just squeak in there and get that point.
– Totally would squeak. He looks like a squeaker.
– Okay. So we’re going for the point? – Yeah.
– So we can move two, one, two, and then we are
adjacent to take the point. – Oh!
– Whoa! – Boo, we’re tied! – Yeah! Catwoman is exhausted after
all that point taking. – Mm-hmm.
– I say we move Robin up a little bit.
– Uh-huh? – And stand Batgirl up on her feet. – Uh-huh.
– With an assist. So that she can–
– I think– – Take the next turn–
– That is a great idea– – To wreak some havoc.
– She could maybe– – Mm-hmm.
– Head on into that center even? Coming back out, Robin is back. He’s back in the game and he is gonna keep from happening to Batgirl what just happened to him
with his second action. – Solid.
– Exhausted now. – Exhaust him!
– Robin’s exhausted. – So, I mean we could, Harley could maybe be tempted
to go get in on the action, but maybe it’s better if
she just plays defense for right now and stays there and Joker takes on the Dark Knight? – For sure. Ooh, we could joy buzzer him. – We could, he’s right there. – And we could lay down a mystery box and move away?
– We could, but if we joy buzzer and we’re successful, then we could mallet and
potentially take him out. – Good thing we gave him that mallet. – I know!
– He’s overpowered. (all laughing) – Let’s do it.
– Okay. – How about you give us a roll for three? – Oh no.
– Joy buzzer. ♪ Joy buzzer ♪ – I might have made the previous
joy buzzer cost too much. – Okay. Yep, ’cause they only should be one. – Joy buzzer for one. – All right, joy buzzer
for one, here we go. (die clattering) That is one success. – One defense!
– Batman successfully defends. – Woo!
– Do we want to mallet or joy buzzer again? – I say we maybe save that red
for Harley if she needs it. – Would you rather move a mystery box? – Well, mystery box is silly
in a two space wide area. – We’re not in that hallway anymore! – Ha ha ha, free from the hallway. – Ooh.
– Into this wider hallway. – It’s the street, I believe. – Yeah, there we go. Yeah, good play.
– But we could move– – What is Joker’s bang? – Bang means blow up mystery boxes. – Oh, okay. – So maybe that is a good one to use. – Maybe we move Joker into the building and then leave a mystery box behind us. – To get the other control?
– Yeah. – Oh, I like where your head’s at! – Okay.
– ‘Kay. – So, oh but that’s too many, mystery box includes a move.
– Mm-hmm. – So I’ll place this cog on two. – Great.
– Move two. And mystery box.
– In the line of sight. – Empty space behind us. – Great.
– Ha ha ha ha. – That looks real good. – Shoot.
– Joker’s exhausted. – There’s also this way. (laughs) – Oh that you could have gone that way and then.
(group laughing) – Well, we could place the
mystery token here, but. – Next turn.
– And it must be an empty space, yeah. – Okay.
– Cool. – Joker’s exhausted. – Joker is exhausted.
– Goodnight. – Okay, here are some options we have. – Lay it on me. – Flying tackle Harley Quinn.
– Mm-hmm. – Flying tackle claim the control thing. They still have Harley’s turn to try to get it back. But if we succeed in knocking her down, less of an issue. – So what about Batman
grapple swing over to Harley? – Woo.
– Choose a rival within three squares of Batman
– Within three, though. One, two, three, she’s five away. – So he could move and
then do the grapple swing. – Yes. And then–
– It says just do two damage. Oh challenge two, okay.
– Do a challenge two. – I was like, do two damage?
– If that works, it clears the way for
Batgirl to do her thing. Because if Bat Man
succeeds in taking her out, she can still probably
grappling hook over there, knock her all the way
out, and claim the thing. If Batman doesn’t succeed, like if she. Let’s have him go first.
– Okay. – I don’t know if that’s a good move, but let’s try it.
– All right. So we’re gonna try this, Batman is gonna move one, two. – Uh-huh.
– And then he going to use his grappling swing. – No!
– Which is going to put this little blue guy on three here. – Ooh.
– And it means that we, – She’s a rival within three squares, the Batman can see and place
the Batman adjacent to them. Do a challenge two!
– All right. – Okay, so adjacent, we wanna
go just like right here? – Sounds good.
– Doesn’t really matter, I guess.
– Yep. – And then challenge two.
– Here. – I grappling swing towards Harley Quinn! (dice clatter) – Two.
– Three! – Aww.
– Ha ha! – Okay.
– Oh me? Oh hello Mr. Batman. – Good thing we have a backup plan. – Now it’s Harley’s turn,
as a matter of fact. – Ooh, what can Harley do? – So Harley can either do out of my way, which would move Batman out of the way and then she could move up to
two squares as part of that. Or Harley could just challenge
Batman, which is great. Or Harley could actually feign distress and try to pull Batgirl towards her. And then, if she was close enough, whirly wind and hit
both Batman and Batgirl. – That would be very dramatic.
– My goodness. – But we can only feign distress to pull the target one square.
– Oh. – And it would not be close
enough to whirly wind. – For each success, pull
the target one square. – Ohh.
– So I get to roll three dice. – That’s nice.
– So we would have the chance to pull Batgirl up close and personal. If we wanted to.
– But Batgirl is not activated yet and
Batgirl is probably hoping to save those movement. – Oh, well I think Batgirl’s plan was to come take us out anyway, so whether we move her closer to us or she kick jump whatever.
– Flying tackle. – Flying tackle us, it
could be six of one, half a dozen of the other, ’cause remember she gets that
extra movement point anyway. – True.
– And flying tackle is two? – It’s up to three.
– Up to three. – Up to three, so–
– Oh, oh, actually flying tackle is
worse if she’s close to us. – That’s true.
– Okay. So let’s feign distress. – Do we wanna, Oh me, oh my! And hope that we can bring Batgirl over? – Solid, solid.
– Playing on our soft hearts! – Yep.
– So what happens? – I know what these good guys will do. – We’ll find out. – Okay.
– Two successes. – Okay, two successes so
we move Batgirl closer two, which is exactly what we wanted. – Huh, oh what, are you all right? – Hey!
– And now, so you put that on there
for feign distress, and now if we wanna do whirly wind, we can put this on, too, and whirly wind it and
challenge both Batgirl and Batman for a challenge two. – Oh heck yes.
– That’s impressive, yeah. – Whoa boy.
– Okay. So how about we each do one attack? – Okay!
– Who do you wanna? Or no, you roll two dice to
attack the first character. – Okay, got it, got it.
– And the chance for the second character.
– Got it, got it. – Who is the first character? – Batman.
– Okay, I will defend for Batman.
– Taking on Batman first. – One success.
– One hit. – Two defense!
– Batman’s okay. – Okay, but Batgirl? – Oh Batgirl, oh thank
you for checking on me. – You weren’t in trouble at all! – Ha ha, I whirly wind
you in the face for three. (Patrick groans) – Zero.
– Nothing. – Yes.
– Good night, Batgirl. – Ohhh.
– See you in the morning. – Harley Quinn is now exhausted. – And then on our turn, Batgirl’s turn, she will stand up.
(laughing) – My gambit did not pay off. – It didn’t pay off, but I
think we’re in trouble. (laughs) – Well yeah. – All right, end of the round. Let’s assess control, which we
will take one more point for. (bell dings)
– Mm-hmm. – And they take the lead!
– Slide everything down. – And everything is back on the board. – So A was going over here by Mr. J. – Oh my gosh, right by Mr. J. – And then–
– That’s right. – In the little doorways, all right? – Perfect.
– Oh, and B comes back to its starting place.
– Mm-hmm. – Uh-huh.
– Hmm. – Okay, and then first
player goes back to you. – Nobody’s tired. – No one is tired.
– Nobody’s tired. – Okay.
– Oh my goodness, that went exactly according
to nefarious plan. – Absolutely.
– I think I wanna use this Batman pow ability.
– Yeah. – It’s just a challenge three. – Let’s do it.
– But I’d like him to use it against Harley Quinn. – Let’s do it. We use a red thing, it’s on the power two, so we’re now doing pow! As we so classically do, it’s a challenge three on Harley Quinn. – Pow! Three.
– Oh no. – Harley’s gonna defend for two. – Nope!
– One. – Good night.
– Stinker! – Well, it is maybe the first time you’ve knocked down one of our characters? – No.
– Oh Joker, Joker was down. – Right.
– It’s sad. – We’ve been down several times. We are no strangers to death.
– But they always get back up again.
– Mm-hmm, relentless! – Question? – You’re never gonna keep me down. – Do we use our second
one to flip that now, do we just straight up pow again to try to take Harley out and get a point, or do we grapple swing over to Catwoman? – All three of those options are great. I love all of them. – Pick one, let’s knock Harley out. – Let’s, oh I was gonna
say let’s take Catwoman out because then they aren’t going to be able to help each other, like there’s no assisting
each other back to life. They would have to spend
their turns to come back. – That’s true.
– And she only has one defense Catwoman does. So it’s going to be easier.
– Okay, let’s do it. – To take her down.
– Yep. – Good thing she’s in–
♪ Grappling swing ♪ – We’re choosing a rival
within three squares that Batman can see and then placing Batman adjacent to them. We are doing a challenge two. If we place here, then
we could theoretically next turn get them there.
– Oh yeah. – I don’t know if that works at all, but. – Good, I like it. – Okay, I got this. – Challenge two on Catwoman. (dice clatter) Four points.
– Oh. – Impossible!
– Catwoman is down. – Mm-hmm.
– Oh no! – All right.
– And Batman is rightfully exhausted.
– Batman’s real sleepy, yeah. – He did a little pow, maybe a little kapow, and a little shazam! – He did not do a shazam.
– He didn’t do a shazam. – But, we can believe in
our hearts that he did. – That would be a whole different game! Do more expansions.
– Yes. Oh my gosh, just so long as he didn’t turn back into Billy Batson. – Not so fast, though, because
Harley’s special ability says I’m rubber, you’re glue. When Harley Quinn stands up, she may do a basic challenge. And standing up, it’s
actually called rallying to take your entire to stand back up, and she can do a basic challenge
to an adjacent opponent when she does that.
– Okay, so let’s use both our actions to stand her up.
– Okay. – Ha ha!
– And then basic challenge Batgirl right in the face.
– Woo, okay, Batgirl’s gonna defend with two. – You do, okay. (dice rattling)
– Come on, Batgirl. – Oh excuse me, Batgirl. Two hits.
– Oh, nothing. Absolutely nothing!
– Nothing. – Goodnight.
– Well rolled. – The dice are cruel. – Okay, and so she’s safe. – But exhausted.
– But exhausted. – And exhausted, and it looks like if Robin gets close
enough he won’t be able to flip that control token this round. – Oh, but Batgirl hasn’t gone yet. – But she’s done.
– But she’s prone. – She’s not made of rubber. – Yeah, so they can
either stand up Batgirl. – Let’s see, your turn. – We can stand up Batgirl, or we can try to take out Catwoman. – Taking out Catwoman feels satisfying. – And would mean a
point if we could do it. A thing we want.
– Yes, we do want points. We can also, if we want with Robin, we can give Batman another action. Either an attack or, but there’s
no one that he can attack, I guess.
– Why not? – Well, because he’s not, if he’s attacking Catwoman,
then she’ll be gone. – If it works.
– If it works. So yeah, I guess we have to commit to one of those first.
– Okay. – Otherwise we could use the set up attack to make Batman move into– – And this is our last blue, so. – Mm-hmm.
– What do you wanna try? – Let’s do the coordinated strike so we know for sure that
we’re gonna get rid of her. – Yes.
– Oh you’re erring on the side of safety.
– For sure. – For pretty sure.
– Dice! It’s dice.
(laughing) – It is dice, okay so. – Fair point, Amy. (laughing) – (laughing) Robin moves next to Catwoman. – Mm-hmm.
– And he’s gonna do the coordinated strike, which is, it’s the red on three,
and it’s a two challenge to one defense Catwoman. (dice clattering) – Two points.
– Two points. – I’m going to roll one. – Oh, we only get to roll one. – Yeah, but you’re gonna– – Oh, finishing moments.
– Yeah. – Nope!
– I said moments, that’s why you didn’t. – So Catwoman is taken, is knocked out. – I was gonna say this
brings us no pleasure, but Damien would definitely enjoy this. – He would love it. – He would feel very cool right now because he has knocked
out a formidable opponent. – Especially considering
the recent history between Batman and Catwoman. That’s an engagement that did not pan out the way it was supposed to.
– Yeah. – You guys get a point, I believe. – We do! Yeah!
(bell dings) – All right we’re tied again! We’re back up!
– All tied up. And that was his, so his second action would in theory have
granted Batman a challenge, but Batman has no one
he can reach right now. – Okay.
– Or, I mean, does the challenge apply to the fact that he can always make his ranged attack? – No.
– Okay. – ‘Cause that is using an item, yeah. ‘Cause it says partner
may do a challenge two. – Right.
– So it’s not, yeah. – All right, so exhaust
Robin if you would. – Robin is exhausted.
– So sleepy! – Okay, so Catwoman is off the board. So we could just use that
to skip our next move and see what Batgirl does. – Oh Batgirl’s already prone. – I can tell you what she’s gonna do. – Yeah.
(all laughing) – Stand up.
– So, okay, so move Joker, first claim and then move towards the command area? – I think that’s a great, yeah, I think that’s a great strategy. – Sweet, okay. So first things first, we’ll take a point.
– Yay! (bell dings)
– Oh no. – We’re on six. – And then move two? – Now there is that tempting B, but I think we both liked the idea of taking this control? – That’s perfect.
– Okay, great. So that’s a move and a move.
– Yes, I like that move. – Oh no, we were here?
– Yep. – Oh yeah, there’s no diagonal there. So there we go.
– Perfect. – Cool, dangerous, dangerous.
– It is. – He’s coming for the bat signal! – It’s still out turn.
– We can’t let that happen. – I left mystery boxes for you. – Ooh.
– All right, so I think Batgirl is going to get up. – Yeah, Batgirl stands up. – And stares you down! That’s a free action.
– Yes. – I’m glad that she has that free action. (giggling) Exhausted.
– She’s real sleepy now. – And then–
– So much staring. – It would be Catwoman’s turn, but Catwoman is knocked out, so exhausted. – All right, end of round. (gasps)
– What a round it was. – Now everything will move down and Catwoman gets to go back on the board. Typically in a starting area, but tell us about her.
– Because she’s a cat burglar. – Ooh.
– When Catwoman shifts off the cool down track, you may place her on any square rivals cannot see except your opponent’s starting area. So, yeah I mean we could
place her right there. It, technically no one
can see D right now. We could place her right on D. But do we get to? We get to go first next time, too. – Oh. – Oh gosh, no.
– Just standing on D. – We could just stand on D and take it. – Or standing on, oh B is
in line of sight of Batman. – Yeah. – Yeah, right around the
corner from Batman, I love it. – Yeah.
– Oh my gosh. – So let’s place her right on D. – Oh my gosh.
– Oh no. – All these cool downs come off. – All right.
– Everything comes down one. And no one’s exhausted anymore. – We’ll take first player.
– No. – And let’s review
control of the tokens goes to the dark side.
(bell rings) – All right, so just as a point refresher. How many points do the
good guys currently have? – Good guys have five points.
– Mm-hmm. – Aw man, bad guys have seven. – Ooh.
– Ha ha. – Okay we’re three away from winning. Maybe we can do it this turn? – Oh that’s right, ’cause you win at 10! – We win at 10.
– Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Oh that makes me nervous. – Okay.
– Okay, so first things first let’s Catwoman?
– No. (girls grunting) – Wait, interact with D. – Take that point.
– One point. – Bring it on over. – Eight points.
(bell dings) – And now–
– Eight out of 10. – I think it might be wise, ’cause they’re just all
gonna come after ’em, maybe we just cartwheel
her out of the way. – I love it. – And just get her outta there. – One, two, three, four? – Or maybe back on that control
square back there to like– – Protect?
– She doesn’t really have, yeah there’s no real defense maneuvers unless you get to go again. So I’m not sure, should
we leave her back there, should we move her into the center? What do you think, Becca? – Can we move and attack
with any of her abilities? – We can even the odds
is a basic challenge, but no one’s within line of sight to basic challenge right now.
– Take an item. – Yeah, that’s only based if we could see Batman,
that would be brilliant. But that little wall nubby makes it so that we cannot at this current moment. – Okay.
– And then second chances is if we do a basic challenge, when we lose we get to do it again. But again, no basic challenges right now. So the only thing she could do right now is either a basic action or cartwheel. – I say we cartwheel down
to be in line of sight of the central control area and also kind of close to
this other control area here? – Sure.
– Do you like it? – Sounds good.
– Okay. One, two, three–
– I do need you to flip her over if you’re
gonna say cartwheel. – Cartwheel!
– Thank you! – Spectacular.
– Do the cartwheel our blue goes on two.
– All right. And exhaustion.
– And she’s now exhausted. – What are you thinking here? (all laughing) – We have some problems. – We have some problems and
this is one of our problems. – Yep.
– Oh me? – We need to both take her out and flip that switch.
– Yes. – Batgirl could flip the switch right now. – Yes, and then she could
try to take her out. – Let’s try that.
– Okay. – Okay, Batgirl is
going to first flip the, whatever this is. – Control token.
– Control token, and then she is going to, we wanna just do a regular
attack or do the flip kick? Moving doesn’t really help us here. – Yeah, I think the basic attack is probably just our
best bet at this point. – Okay, we will do a basic attack then. – Okay, roll the defense, Becca. – Oh! – One.
– One hit. – Three defense!
– Four, three. – Dice!
– Yes, Harley. – All right, Batgirl is sleepy. – Mm-hmm. – Wait, but that was just one action? Oh, you flipped.
– We also flipped. – They flipped it.
– Okay, so you currently have two control tokens,
we can’t let that stand. – We cannot, so either Joker can take this one in the corner.
– Yes. – Harley can take the one
she’s standing on right back. – Oh, true!
– Mm-hmm. – And then stay standing there? Oh and then move (groans). – Yeah, we’ve got options. – We could, (sighs) and then. – What are you thinking? – I wish there was a way to attack Batman since Batgirl already went, but the other option
is just get closer to B to take that point. – We only need two points.
– Because two more points and we win.
– To take this. – That’s, yes.
– Oh. Yeah and we don’t even have to worry about that control token.
– I mean we could take the other.
– We could use her movement to try to get her in here, but I just wanted to try for that. – It would have been great.
– It would have been great if we’d knocked her out. – Okay.
– So maybe, oh but we’re not gonna flip, take B this turn, so
maybe we flip it back. – Do either of these have
the movement to take B in one turn?
– No. – Neither of them do, right? – No, and I’d love for Joker, while he’s there, to
take that control token ’cause then we have the farthest
away corners of the board. – It would be hard for them to get. – Yeah, so I think–
– The other thing I’ll bring up is that’s kind
of a sitting duck for Joker. Robin and Batman still both get to go and could try to take out Harley. – So let’s flip it and run towards B. – Okay, and we only get to run two, but still that’s okay.
– Yeah. They’re gonna have to flip it. – They are, and that’s
gonna take an action. – Interact, and one, two. – So we are still within
line of sight of Batman and Batman’s grapple hook
is how many line of sight? – Range two.
– No the grappling hook is– – Grappling swing, oh sorry.
– Three. – Three squares, yeah. – So we’re still okay?
– Oh, well then maybe we move one, two? – I think we’re still okay there. – Because–
– Keep it there, just to be safe.
– Yeah. – I like it.
– It’s a little further away from Batman.
– Okay, perfect. So then Harley is exhausted. – Oh good night.
– Mm-hmm. – Okay, so we do need to flip that. – Yes, either that one or this one. Whatever we can do.
– But we’re way too far away from this.
– We are, unless– – Unless we have crazy movement. – Yeah and I don’t see the– – Had you put Catwoman in that corner, we were gonna grapple in there. – She’s bait! – Can we, here, here. I think, jeez, I think
Batman has gotta like run in there and flip it, right? – If he does, so yeah I think if there’s a way that we can– – (gasps) Okay, Robin can
provide backup, right? – Okay.
– So that will move him right here which only gives him one extra movement
really, but it moves him adjacent to the tile and he can flip it. – Yep.
– And then that leaves Batman’s turn to something. – I don’t know, attack, do something. – Yeah, okay.
– Yeah, I love it. – So let’s–
– Provide backup! Our last blue.
– Mm-hmm. – If Robin can see his partner and his partner’s within four spaces, place Robin adjacent to his partner. – So–
– I think it, oh yeah, perfect.
– Yeah. So he goes right here adjacent
to his partner Batman, and then he is going to use his action to flip this back over to the light side. – I like the cool back to back move. – Yeah, it’s cool.
– Yeah! (Patrick imitates fighting grunting) – Hooked his elbows from behind. – Problem is I can’t get to that one and we can’t stop Joker. – Heh heh heh!
– But. – Yes.
– But it’s what we gotta do. – But it’s what we have. (all giggle)
– And now he’s a sleepy Robin. – Mm-hmm, sleepy Robin. – And it’s on you. – Okay, Joker’s turn. – I will just creep in here for one, ooh, let me mystery box (laughs). – Yeah, just for fun. – Oh, so move two and then mystery box? – Yeah, ’cause why not? – ‘Cause why not, I agree. – So I’ll place a mystery box on the two, I’ll move one, two and– – Where you gonna put it?
– I’ll flip, oh yeah right, that’s
part of the same action. So mystery box within
line of sight of two, one, two.
– Yes, so yeah it could go here, here, here, maybe
here is the best one. I like that plan.
– Cool. Cool cool.
– ‘Cause then you can bang. – Yeah.
– If you need to. – And then we’ll flip. – I just don’t see the universe where we get back over there. – Hey.
– We’re figuring it out. – We are.
– Boom. – All right, and then Batman,
what would you like to do? Here’s my idea.
– Do it. – They are gonna get a point for having more of these right now because there’s no way we can stop that. – Yes.
– Which makes them nine outta 10.
– Yes. – Which means we need
to keep them away from B and the only way I can think
of to do that right now is to walk two squares
and try to batarang her. – I think that is correct.
– Okay. – I think that’s the
only recourse we have. So putting Batman over here.
– Mm-hmm. – And then hooking a batarang. – Range two challenge two. Do a challenge two to a rival
adjacent to the first target, which is nobody in this
case, so there’s no bonus but we do have a ranged attack. Please defend against two. – Just out of curiosity,
what would the bonus be for the batarang attack? – If there were another
person standing there, we could go and ricochet. – (gasps) That’s very cool.
– To attack them. – Bam!
– That is very cool. – Okay, you have to defend.
– The batarang’s pretty cool – Thanks.
– Okay. – Feel free to switch sides, Catwoman, I’m just saying.
– One hit. – No says defense.
– Woo, that could easily have gone a different way.
– Okay. – Okay.
– That’s all right. – That was it, Batman’s very sleepy. – Batman has in face been exhausted. – And it’s daybreak once again for these night walkers.
– Okay? – Is that a bat term? – I feel like that’s zombies.
– It’s okay. – Traditionally night walkers. – They’re up at night,
all these nefarious folks. – Nocturnal animals, mm-hmm. – Okay, so everything moves. Point for control. – Point for control. – Yes.
– So that is now nine out of 10.
– You are at nine out of 10. – Unexhausted, but you are first players. – All right.
– Okay, so are we trying to? – I don’t– – Win or keep them from
winning? What do we do? – I don’t think we can
keep them from winning because unless we can claim this or that by the end of this turn.
– They’re getting that point. – They’re getting that point. – So all out rush to get here, what’s the best we can do movement and action economy wise? She has a free move.
– Right, so that’s one, two, three.
– That would be, she could use her action to get there but not have an extra action. He’s got abilities to grant action, but he needs to be in a position to hit someone to do it, right? – And he can also only
grant action to his partner. – To Batman.
– Who is Batman. – Okay, we have a problem.
– We do. (giggling) – He can grappling hook past her to get a little closer. He can grappling towards her? Place Batman adjacent to them. – So he can, Batman can wind up here. – Grapple here, use a movement. No, he still needs his
action to do the thing. – Right.
– Okay, so. – So this it. This is, this turn we
have to score five points. – Uh-huh.
– Or we lose. (all laughing) I just want the stakes to be clear. – Yeah.
– Well you could always grappling swing next to Catwoman and then, what’s Robin’s
ability where he can move? – So Robin has to be the one doing– – Provide backup.
– Yeah, he. Oh, well that’s interesting. – Well if Robin hit Harley, he could then grant Batman a move. – This is a great point. We should do this set up attack so that. But then Batman– – It’s still not gonna be enough. – You need to split Batman’s movement for Batman to be able to grab it, but– – Yeah.
– Is there a way Robin could grab it? – No, ’cause Robin
doesn’t have extra moves. Robin makes other people, well no he does with the provide– – He can follow Batman inside, but then Batman would
need to be pretty close. – So if Batman can go here.
– And he’d have to be able to see you. Yeah, it’s still not enough.
– And then Robin would go here – He can’t see him. – Oh yeah.
– But then he has to move close enough.
– He wouldn’t be able to see him, jeez! How are these? They were back to back? – Yes, but the other way.
– Other way around. – Ah. – Batman.
– Yeah, that’s right. That’s right.
– Okay. – I say let’s just start murdering. – Yeah!
– That’s a good way to get points.
– This is, we are going to try and take
everybody out that we can. We will make this as close as possible. – Batman is going to rush
over here and attack, right? – Yeah.
– Okay. Let’s have him use the pow, too. – The challenge three? – Yeah.
– Okay, let’s do it. – Or eh, yeah let’s do it. – But how, what’s Catwoman’s defense? – One.
– One. – One (chuckles) – ‘Cause the grappling swing
does give us that move, and I know it doesn’t help, but I’ll feel good if I’m close to it. – All right let’s, yeah,
fine. Let’s do that. – Choose a rival within three squares that Batman can see, place Batman adjacent to
them, do a challenge two. – Okay.
– It’s gonna be really funny if this misses. Challenge two to Catwoman. – Roll it, roll Becca. – Here hit you with all three. – All right, stare at me no more. – Catwoman’s a little squishy, so we ain’t.
– No more of your chaos. – Two points.
– One shield. – That’s not enough.
– But, no it doesn’t matter. – Nope, doesn’t matter. Catwoman is knocked down! – But Batman now has another action, yes? – He does get the point
for taking her out? – Let’s get the point for taking her out. – If we can.
– Batman basic challenge. – Do you wanna basic challenge or do you wanna pow? It’s our last turn. Do we need it for coordinated? – We may need it for coordinated strike. Yeah, that would if Batman’s
challenge fails here, he would have another
shot to when we have them attack Harley Quinn.
– Yep. – Great. – So basic?
– Regular challenge, yes. – Regular challenge on Catwoman. Wanna roll?
– Sure. – Roll it, we did well last time. (dice clattering) – Four.
– Nothing. – We wouldn’t have stood a chance. All right, Catwoman, out. – May we–
– Let’s get a point. – I’m sorry to do this Selena.
(bell dings) – So what do you guys have, six? – We have six!
– We have six. – So things are tricky for us. – Batman’s there.
– C is about. So Harley just can stand up and punch and no one’s there, so let’s save Harley. Oh wait.
– Unless someone got closer. – We could. – Can Joker do any fun line of sight, mystery boxes we can’t really, ’cause we’re in that room, huh? – Yeah, I think we just need to. – Just move him towards B? – Yeah, and I think
throwing down a mystery box, ’cause why not?
– Okay. And C, let’s just, where
does C come back into play? – C would spawn over here.
– And that’s all the way over there, sorry.
– So, but Catwoman’s about to respawn. – That’s true. – So, let’s not worry about C. – They go first next time. – Good call, so–
– Okay, let’s just move Joker. – Move Joker, he’s gonna move one, two. And then, line of sight, maybe
we just throw a mystery box? – So if he does that,
he could throw one here. I don’t know if that helps us, or one, two and there already is one. – Oh, let’s throw, no.
– Not with that over there. – I know. I wanna go towards B with our movement. So we could throw it here.
– Sure. – Okay.
– I like that plan. – So now we’re going to pay a cog to do a mystery box
placement and move one, two, and throw a mystery box
within line of sight of two. – Nice.
– Putting up a wall. – Mm-hmm.
– I dig it. And Joker’s exhausted. – Okay.
– All right. Robin moving in to take out Harley Quinn. – I think it’s a good idea. – All right, and we should
use the coordinated, no the set up.
– I mean I thought– – No, we don’t have enough blue anymore. – We don’t have any blue.
– All right. Well then it doesn’t matter. – Yeah.
– Robin is going to do a challenge two. – Hey, roll that defense two. (dice clattering) – Two hits and only one defense. – Dang.
– Harley is knocked out. – All right.
– I don’t feel so bad. (bell dings) – Yes, this is.
– We’ve got some good points. – Something resembling a decent defense. – So it’s seven now?
– We’ve got seven points. – What?
– Okay. It is our turn. Who should we exhaust first, Becca? – Oh wow, choices, choices, choices. Harley.
– Harley is exhausted. – All right. Very tired, she’s resting, it’s fine. Now we have Batgirl. We have one more chance, if we can magically teleport
to one of these sides, that would be amazing. – Okay, so she gets one
movement for freesies. – She does.
– And then she can move two more on top of that.
– Mm-hmm. – She does not go within line of sight of, and if she goes one, two, three she’s not in line of sight of Joker, so flying tackle doesn’t get us anything. – You’ve completely barricaded off B. – Mm-hmm.
– Ha ha ha ha. – So let’s see that, full
movement, full movement. We could get towards B, but we don’t have quite enough actions. Now if we had one more turn, this would be a great time to gather intel because you would both wake up with intel. – Yes.
– Cool. – We do not.
– I’m learning. – (laughing) Yeah, we do
not have one more turn. – There may be future battles. Let’s just make a last minute run at that. – I like that.
– Yeah, because it’s dramatic. Free movement.
– Mm-hmm. – One, two, three, four. – And she’s right there.
– I’m in sight of the node! We are out of actions. – What a dramatic way to end the movie. – And then we will, we will, she’s very exhausted, Catwoman. And that ends the round. And then what happens
at the end of the round? – Oh.
– At the end of the round, we slow zoom in on Joker, who even though his allies have both been knocked out completely, he maniacally laughs as
he stands in Batman’s lair and takes the final point! (bell dings)
Which, for clarification, we got because of the two
control nodes that we have. – Oh, so! Oh friends, a delight.
– A delight. – A delight indeed. – Good game.
– Yes, good game everyone. – We did it. – What a villainous come back. We were so far behind.
– Oh, I know! – In the beginning.
– I’m standing at the end. – Yes, I do appreciate that
they are all banded together and ready to fight.
– They are. They’re well positioned for
the round that never came. All right, friends. Well that is DC Funkoverse. Make sure you check out
our other Funkoverse videos and we’ll see you next
time on Game the Game. Bye bye.
(upbeat music) (jaunty music)